- Since 1916, the University of Northern Colorado has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of six regional accrediting bodies in the United States. UNC's accreditation was reaffirmed by the HLC in 2015.
- AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) awards accreditation to the top business schools worldwide, and the Monfort College of Business is among the elite schools accredited in both business administration and accounting.
- UNC is recognized as a comprehensive baccalaureate and specialized graduate research university by the State of Colorado.
- The Monfort College of Business was a recipient of the 2004 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award—the nation's highest honor for quality and performance excellence. This marks the first and only time a college of business has received the award.
- UNC's online degree programs have been ranked No. 43 among the nation's most affordable, with graduates who go on to successful careers, according to Affordable Colleges Online.
- UNC's Instructional Services Department of University Libraries has been recognized as one of five university library programs nationally that illustrates best practices in pedagogy by the Association of College and Research Libraries.